Share a unique experience with fellow music and nature lovers near Lisbon
Get monthly invites to volunteer the Groove House Sessions:
Book Your Spot
Share the Joy
These are a series of non-profit events that bring together performers, jamming musicians, and music lovers in a unique musical experience.
- 3 live gigs (solo, raw, unplugged): enjoy the soulful expression of three distinct individual performers, each sharing their unique voice and instrument through a captivating, 15-minute set. Here‘s an example.
- experience an improvised jam with pro/semi-pro musicians through an impressive studio-quality audio setup
- communal dinner: lovingly prepared for everyone to eat together around a big table
- weather-permitting, we’ll share complimentary welcome drinks at the Sunset Cove, a beautiful spot on the land that overlooks an inspiring view of a natural valley
- as a volunteer, you get one or two nights free stay at the Groove House, with meals provided. Volunteering is for people who aren’t coming as a musician (there’s things to do while the musicians are jamming
- you’re happy to help out for 5 hours on the day, in exchange for: a free ticket to the event, 4 meals, and a free night’s stay at the Groove House (evening before the jam). If you can help out with cleaning for 1 hour on the morning after the event, you’re welcome to stay on the night of the jam too
- you’re happy to follow a very specific set of instructions that are clearly mentioned in an operations manual
- you’re coming not as a musician (there’s things to do while the jam is happening)
- the 5 hours are spread out through the day, and you’re happy to carry with you a scheduled checklist to know when each task is expected
…a 30 min drive from Lisbon airport, where you can catch an Uber for €20, a €30 taxi…or you could decide to check out Lisbon for a day before taking a local train straight here.
Click HERE for details if you’re arriving by public transport.
Click HERE for important info if you’re driving
Click HERE to explore some local attractions